Sunday, September 23, 2012

Getting the External DVD Drive to Work

When I first hooked up my external DVD drive to the mac mini, I had a hard time getting the DVD to work. The DVD was not being recognized and would not play. So I tried unplugging the power cord and  flipping it around. Then I plugged it back into the drive. Then a message popped up saying that I needed to change the region code of the drive. When I did that, the DVD drive began to play and burn DVDs. I think that it is important to make sure that your power chord is plugged in right and that your drive is getting enough power too.

Creating a DVD

There is something on the Mac Mini that will allow you to burn DVDs. However, you want to make sure that you are burning the DVD to play on your television and computer. You may need to get some extra software that will allow you to create for both of them. I do not see any DVD creator freeware online for the Mac. Either it's a trial version or you have to buy it. If the software is free to download, most likely it is not free to keep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment